Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Crochet iPhone Case


This is totally a non-lacy crochet project, and I wasn’t sure whether I should post it on my blog. It doesn’t really fit in with all my romantic doilies and soft baby blankets. But the truth is I really wanted to show off my new iPhone case.

I made it with leftover Vanna’s Glamour by Lion Brand yarn and size D (3.25mm) hook.

As I was crocheting it, I thought of making a flap with a button, but then I thought by the time I manage to unbutton it, I will probably miss the call. So I kept it as a simple small bag. I also wanted to decorate it with a small flower, but I changed my mind about that as well. I must say I like its simple look. The yarn has a metallic strand, which adds a bit of sparkle to the case. Good enough for me!




I have a 3G iPhone (yes, when it comes to the latest technology gadgets, I linger behind), but I think this case would fit the later models as well.



Here is my super easy pattern:

Round 1: Ch 13, dc in 4th ch from hook (3 skipped ch count as 1st dc), dc in each ch across, 2 dc in last ch. Continue along the other side of the starting chain, dc in each ch across. Join the round with sl st to 1st dc. (25 dc).

Round 2: ch 3, dc in back loop only of each dc around. Join the round with sl st to 1st dc. (25 dc).

Repeat Round 2 additional nine times; that will give you 11 rounds in total.

Fasten off.  

I'm linking this post to Tweak It Tuesday @ Cozy Little House,
Clever Chicks Blog Hop at The Chicken Chick,
Teach Me Tuesday Link-Up @ Growing Home,
Tutorials, Tips and Tidbits @ Stone Gable
Crochet Link Party @ Crochet Happy


16 comments:

  1. muy sencilla y muy mona!!un besito.maria:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great idea for beginers- like me!thanks for sharing!
    http://freestilcreatingbyvilly.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect in simplicity...
    Hug
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ольга, хоть и простая, но нужная вещь. Я связала чехольчик спицами, а теперь думаю, что крючком было бы лучше:).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi I am Jei Crochet of Cutey Patuty Crochet I featured your Iphone case pattern on my weekly featured patterns. You can grab my I've been featured button on my blog ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pretty handy with that hook Olga. It turned out perfect. Concerning the latest technology your a lot more advanced than I am, I still carry a flip phone. I guess I'm stuck in the dark ages.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is simple and nice..... whenever i see the yarn the first thing comes to my mind is a purses and bags..... i like this color

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing it, Looks good!Have a wonderful day,
    Ulli

    ReplyDelete
  9. Preciosa!!!!Gracias por compartir!!!Bendiciones.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello

    So beautiful, I love the colour.

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  11. Muchas gracias Olga siempre tan amorosa,y si mi hija esta encantada con la campera porque no se ve en todos lados gracias.
    Te cuento que la funda de tu celular es preciosa muchas veces la simplicidad es la belleza en si misma, el hilo es acertado para este trabajo y su destino, muy lindo besitos.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have a lot of very nice patterns here :) I hope you consider linking more of them up at our Linky Party.

    I enjoyed having you link up at the Crochet Happy Linky Party last week.

    You can also Submit Your Designs to be added to our Newsletter and online pattern collections.

    I hope to see you again!
    Tracy
    www.crochethappy.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I tried this and while one side stayed straight, the other end of the case got wider and wider. I have a feeling it has something to do with me chaining 3 times when I repeat round 2 but I'm not sure what I'm doing that's different from the instructions. Is there any other reason that the place where I slip stitch keeps getting bigger while the other side stays straight?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I think you might be adding one extra dc in the beginning of each round. When you start 2nd round (and the following ones) ch 3 in the beginning of the round counts as 1st dc, so the amount of dcs in each round should be the same. I think what you do is you make ch 3, and then you make dc in the same space/stitch where sl st was made, and therefore it keeps getting wider.
      That's the only thing I can think about. It might help if you send me a closeup picture (you can see my e-mail in my profile), and I'll try to figure out what's going on.

      Delete