Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Crochet Lace Stitch






I saw the diagram for this lacy stitch on Pinterest, and of course I had to try this stitch. 

I made a swatch using Caron Simply Soft yarn. I bought this yarn to make a scarf, though it's not going to be a lacy one. I have an idea for a ruffled scarf; I hope it will work out nicely.

But this morning I saw a red rose blooming in my garden (how nice to be surprised with occasional rose blooms at the end of October), and I was inspired to try the red yarn for this beautiful stitch. 



Doesn't it look fancy and complicated? But it's not that difficult! It looks nice made with yarn, though the openings are quite big. I think this stitch will look best made with fine yarn or even crochet thread.  

Many crocheters prefer crochet diagrams, but not everyone is comfortable with them. So I wrote out the written instructions for this stitch. 





Multiple of 10, plus 4

To make the swatch shown in the pictures, I started with ch 44. 

Row 1: dc in 5th ch from hook, ch 3, skip 3 ch, 3 dc in next ch, *ch 3, skip next 3 ch, dc3tog over next 3 ch, ch 3, skip next 3 ch, 3 dc in next ch* across, end with ch 3, skip 3 ch, dc2tog over next (last) 2 ch.

Row 2: ch 8, turn; dc in each dc of next dc-3 group, *ch 7, skip dc3tog, dc in each dc of next dc-3 group* across, end with ch 3, dtr (yarn over hook three times) in last stitch.

Row 3: ch 3, turn; dc in same beginning space, ch 3, dc3tog over next 3 dc, *ch 3, 3 dc in 4th ch of ch-7, ch 3, dc3tog over next 3 dc* across, end with ch 3, 2 dc in 5th (counting from the bottom) ch of turning ch-8.

Row 4: ch 3, turn; dc in 2nd dc, ch 7, skip dc3tog, *dc in each of next dc-3 group, ch 7, skip next dc3tog* across, end with dc in next dc, dc in 3rd ch of turning ch-3.

Row 5: ch 3, turn; dc in 2nd dc, ch 3, 3 dc in 4th ch of ch-7, *ch 3, dc3tog over next 3 dc, ch 3, 3 dc in 4th ch of ch-7* across, end with ch 3, dc2tog over next dc and turning ch.


Repeat Rows 2-5



Thriving on Thursdays @ Domesblissity
Link Your Stuff @ Annamarie's Haakblog
Cup of Morning Joe @ The Cottage Market
Pinworthy Projects Link Party @ Domestic Super Hero
Craft Frenzy Friday @ Craft Dictator 
Link Your Stuff @ Annamarie's Haakblog
Crafting Along @ Be a Crafter
Home Sweet Home Friday @The Charm of Home,
Cooking and Crafting with J & J @ Julie's Lifestyle

10 comments:

  1. I love simply soft yarn, besides being soft it comes in lovely colors, which has a shimmer or pearliness about them. I feels nice next to the skin, I used this for my poncho, colorful and soft. Your pattern is going to be lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I learned crochet from my Grandmother & it was using thread... so I love it of course. I will definitely try this. Thank you, it is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful stitch. Thanks for sharing the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Olga, thanks for sharing this pretty crochet stitch with us at Cooking and Crafting with J & J.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so great!

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Olga! What a beautiful pattern. It looks so good in red. I might have to give this one a go. Thank you so much for linking up to Thriving on Thursdays. It was a real pleasure to have you join us. I'm featuring your post at tomorrow's party. Hope to see you again.

    Anne @ Domesblissity

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Olga,
    I'm happy to inform you that I'm featuring this post at our Monday Cooking and Crafting with J&J.
    We hope to see you again and thanks.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete