Thursday, April 7, 2016

Pink Roses and Lace Bookmark



This is the second lace bookmark I've made this year. It turned out so delicate and beautiful. And I thought the tiny Cecile Brunner roses that now begin to bloom in my back yard would compliment it very well. 


This bookmark can make a simple but lovely present for Mother's Day, or maybe as a small thank-you gift to my son's preschool teacher. 

Several years ago, I was very much into snail mail pen-paling and I had mail friends all over the world. I used to send them similar crochet bookmarks because they can easily fit into a regular mail envelope and it's always fun to surprise your friend with a little something that you've created yourself.


For this bookmark I used leftover crochet thread size ten (such as Aunt Lydia's) and a steel hook 1.25 mm. My bookmark turned out 8 inches long and 2.5 inches wide. But this pattern can also be used to make a beautiful lace edging or trim. 

The pattern is available in my Etsy and Craftsy shops. 

I'm linking this post to
Link Your Stuff @ Annamarie's Haakblog
Crafting Along @ Be a Crafter

6 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Olga! I love to make crocheted bookmarks! My oldest daughter, Hilary, is a librarian and she loves it when I make her bookmarks. I would love this pattern. I will check out your Etsy Shop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! Your roses are beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous bookmark. I have to get this pattern right away.

    ReplyDelete